General terms for providing accommodation services
Access to the Gaveia d.o.o. company website (www.villas-guide.com) is subject to the terms and conditions quoted below. Any use of the Gaveia d.o.o. company’s website following uploading and carrying out the booking of accommodation will be considered as agreement to the following legal terms.
1. Content of General terms for providing accommodation services
The General terms for providing accommodation services form an integral part of the contract between the company Gaveia d.o.o., as a travel agency and a guest who accepts a selected tourist service. All that is quoted in the General terms represents a legal basis for both the guest and the company Gaveia d.o.o. The General terms are posted on the Gaveia d.o.o. company Internet website. The company Gaveia d.o.o. provides the service of accommodation in Republic of Croatia exclusively as an intermediary. All information, data and photographs related to the accommodation facilities company Gaveia d.o.o. has collected from the end service provider. Although all the information has been checked by the company’s Gaveia d.o.o. staff, company Gaveia d.o.o. does not accept liability for any errors, omissions or delays in updating of that or any other website parts.
2. Categorisation and service description
The accommodation units offered are described according to the internal categorisation of the agency acording to the content and equipment of accommodation units. Information which guests obtain at other selling points do not oblige the company Gaveia d.o.o. any more than the information posted on our website, catalogue or other printed agency materials.
3. Accommodation price
The service prices are shown with each accommodation unit and include the services which are described alongside the accommodation unit from the reservation. Special services provided by the accommodation unit are not included in the price, and guests will, therefore, be charged extra for them, as a separate service. Accommodation unit prices are quoted in euros. If paying using a credit card, it will be charged also in euro. Depending on the guest’s bank rates, it may occur that the total amount is different (higher) to the stated amount. The company Gaveia d.o.o. does not accept liability of any exchange rate differences or fees of other bank institutions. The company Gaveia d.o.o. reserves the right to change the posted prices in the event of a change in accommodation prices by the service provider.
4. Making a booking
It is possible to make a booking for the desired accommodation unit on the Gaveia d.o.o. company website and or through call centre of the company Gaveia d.o.o. In that case, the guest accepts the terms of booking and the cancellation policy set by the company Gaveia d.o.o.. When making a booking, guests are required to provide accurate data, both for them and all other persons in their company, requested by the call centre or by the online booking system. Once the booking has been made, guests confirm having been acquainted with these General terms for providing accommodation services, which they have previously read carefully, studied and they accept them in their entirety. Thus everything stated in these General terms becomes legally binding both for the guests and the company Gaveia d.o.o.. The company Gaveia d.o.o places at the guests disposal corresponding promotional material or programmes in either printed or electronic form, provides him/her with all relevant information related to the service, as well as providing him/her or drawing his/her attention to the General terms, which form an integral part of this Contract. The company Gaveia d.o.o. does not take responsibility for the truthfulness of the data provided by guests on booking requests. In the event of data untruthfulness, the company Gaveia d.o.o. reserves the right to change the prices and charge the difference in price to the guest.
5. Booking confirmation and payment
Following confirmation the company Gaveia d.o.o., the booking becomes valid upon payment by the guests and no other verbal or written confirmation is thereafter deemed as a valid booking.
- For the booking of the accommodation unit is required a deposit of 35% of the total amount in advance and the rest of 65% should be paid at least 50 days before arrival and prior to the commencement of the service consumption. For accommodation units for more than 14 persons, the rest of 65% should be paid at least 79 days before arrival and prior to the commencement of the service consumption.
- If the period between booking and the date of the guest’s arrival and commencement of the service consumption is 59 days or less, for the booking of the accommodation unit the total amount of 100% of the price of accommodation service should be paid in advance.
- If the period between booking and the date of the guest’s arrival and commencement of the service consumption is 59 to 21 day, the payment can be made on the bank account of the company Gaveia d.o.o. or by credit card.
- If the period between booking and the date of the guest’s arrival and commencement of the service consumption less than 20 days, the payment can be made only by credit card.
Statement on using WSPay
Gaveia d.o.o. uses WSPay for online payments. WSPay is a secure online payment system, real-time payments, credit and debit cards, and other payment methods. Thanks to the PCI DSS Compliance, the WSPay ensures secure enrollment and transfer of the card data between the customer and the merchant. WSPay uses 256-bit encryption SSL certificate and TLS 1.2 cryptographic protocol as the highest degree of data protection and data security.
When purchasing services through the means of distant communication, by dictating credit card number, it is considered that the guest accepts, in their entirety, these General terms for providing accommodation services. Following receipt of the total booking amount for the selected accommodation unit, a voucher will be forwarded to the guest, stating exactly the agreed and paid for services. The said voucher serves as proof of the accommodation unit booking. By paying the total amount for their booking, guests confirm that they are fully acquainted with all the characteristics and terms under which a specific accommodation unit has been offered to them. By paying for their booking, guests confirm that they accept the General terms for providing accommodation services. By paying for the booked accommodation unit, all that is stated therein in itself becomes legally binding for both the guests and the company Gaveia d.o.o.
6. Company Gaveia d.o.o.’s right to changes and cancellation
The company Gaveia d.o.o. is obliged to ensure accommodation to guests in the booked accommodation units, at the booked period, apart from in exceptional circumstances beyond its control (war, riots, strikes, terrorist actions, sanitary disruptions, adverse weather conditions, local authority restrictions and similar). In the event of force majeure and exceptional circumstances, the company Gaveia d.o.o. does not accept liability for any of above mentioned cases and retain all paid booking amounts.
7. Guests’ right of travel change and cancellation
Should the guest wish to change or cancel his/her booking made according to his/her request, this must be made in writing (email, mail or fax). A change or cancellation shall apply from the day on which company Gaveia d.o.o. receives it and some additional charges may apply. A change includes change in the number of persons, name of the booking owner or the date of the start and/or end of service consumption in any moment prior to the commencement of service consumption. In the event that a change of booking is not possible and if a guest should, as a result, withdraw the confirmed booking, the below listed cancellation terms and conditions will be applicable. A change of the accommodation unit and any change within 44 days prior to the commencement of the booking, as well as in the course of booking consumption, will be considered as booking cancellation. In the event of cancellation of a fixed and confirmed accommodation unit booking, the date of receipt of the written cancellation represents the grounds for the calculation of the cancellation costs, as follows:
- For accommodation units for more than 14 persons:
- For booking cancellation from booking date until 80 days before arrival and prior to the commencement of the service consumption, 35% of the total amount will be charged.
- For booking cancellation within 79 days before arrival and prior to the commencement of the service consumption, 100% of the total amount will be charged.
- For all other accommodation units:
- For booking cancellation from booking date until 75 days before arrival and prior to the commencement of the service consumption, 20% of the total amount will be charged.
- For booking cancellation 74 – 45 days before arrival and prior to the commencement of the service consumption, 35% of the total amount will be charged.
- For booking cancellation within 44 days before arrival and prior to the commencement of the service consumption, 100% of the total amount will be charged.
If a guest fails to reach the booked accommodation unit by the arrival time stated on the voucher on the arrival date and the date of the commencement of the service and did not previously advise either the company Gaveia d.o.o. or the service provider, the booking will be considered as cancelled and the cancellation fees will be calculated as quoted above. In the event that the actual cancellation costs surpass the above costs, the company Gaveia d.o.o. reserves the right to charge for the actual costs. The company Gaveia d.o.o. will not compensate guests for costs incurred for procurement of travel documents or visas, related to the booking which the guest is cancelling. In the event of no-show without previous booking cancellation, the full booking amount will be charged.
8. Guests’s obligations
A guest is obliged to:
- hold valid travel documents and provide them to accommodation unit owner, for tourist registration purposes with the national tourist board (Hrvatska turistička zajednica). Bear any cost of document loss or theft during the journey.
- respect the Republic of Croatia customs and foreign currency regulations, as well as of those countries in which a guest stays in the course of his/her journey.
- observe the house rules in the rented accommodation unit, as well as cooperate with the service providers in good faith.
- upon arrival in the rented accommodation unit, present the service provider with confirmation or a voucher with the exact stated number of persons and type of services which have to be rendered to him/her.
Should guests fail to observe the above obligations, they will bear the costs, and will be held responsible, for the damage caused. Upon confirmation of the booking, guests are obliged to, should they cause any damage, compensate the service provider for any damage caused on the spot.
9. Resolving complaints
Each guest has the right to complain in the event of unfulfilled contractual service. If the guest, when taking over the accommodation unit, observes insufficient cleaning, damage or defects of the booked accommodation unit, the guest should immediately file a complaint. Otherwise it will be considered that the guest has taken over the booked accommodation unit in proper and orderly condition and will lose the right to complain. Complaints regarding the cleaning should be reported immediately. Complaints regarding damage or defects should also be reported as soon as possible and no later than 24 hours from the commencement of the rental period. Eventual early departure from the booked accommodation unit before the end of the rental period, and without consent of the company Gaveia d.o.o., will be at the guest's own costs and risk. Company Gaveia d.o.o. does not accept liability for the resulting situation regarding this matter. Guests are obliged to cooperate with accommodation unit owners and the company Gaveia d.o.o. in good faith in order to remove the causes of complaints. If guests accept the solution offered for their complaints on the spot, which corresponds to the paid service, it will no longer be binding for the company Gaveia d.o.o. to subsequently accept any related complaint. The company Gaveia d.o.o. cannot be held liable for possible climatic conditions, cleanliness or temperature of the sea in destinations, or any other similar circumstances and occurrences which may make guests dissatisfied and which are not directly related to the quality of the booked accommodation units (for example, adverse weather conditions, poor beach, too great a distance between the accommodation and the public beaches, traffic congestion, theft or damage to guests’ property and similar). The company Gaveia d.o.o. does not accept complaints related to bookings at specially discounted prices, so-called last minute deals. The guests and the company Gaveia d.o.o. will attempt to solve any disputes emanating from this Contract amicably, failing which the matter will be taken for consideration before the Municipal Court in Pula, with the application of the Croatian law currently in force.